Nose intense and complex with hints of apple, pear and aromatic herbs.
Palate Rich, expressive, smooth, tangy and fruity. This is Albarino at its purest with subtle notes of apricot and lime.
The harvesting process is generally carried out in the beginning of September, when the desired grade of maturity is reached.
The harvesting carried out at Bodegas Marqués de Vizhoja is manual; a traditional technique considered the most appropriate system for producing high-quality wine.
The harvesters choose the best grapes, cut them and subsequently deposit the bunches into 16kg boxes which are then carried in trailers for transfer to the bodega. For reasons of preserving maximum freshness in the grape, no more than an hour and a half transpires between cutting the bunches and the start of the process at the bodega.
Once the bunches have been collected, the destemming begins, which involves the separation of the grapes from the stem. Once this process is complete, 60% of the grapes pass through a coil, which is meant to make the temperature adequate, cooling them slowly at 8º and transferring them to a macerator. The remaining 40% is passed on directly to a pneumatic press.
Once the maceration is complete, the resulting must is transferred from the presses to the stainless-steel fermentation cubes, where it is clarified and fermented clean through a process of gelatin flotation.
After fermentation, the wines are tuned up and stabilized so that bottling can commence; after this, the boxes, ready for distribution, are stored in a space carefully prepared for their safekeeping during a period of time lasting at least 2 weeks, for the processed wine to rest, allowing it to recover the properties that it held prior to bottling.
Olives, assorted canapes, sushi, sea bass, raw shells, octopus, scrambles and omelettes, mix of different tapas, fried fish, fish paella rice, thai rice, fish, barbacue of vegetables, gazpacho and salmorejo, chicken soup, soup of onions, vegetables.